Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Occupy Wall Street

I worked from my firm's downtown Manhattan office today JUST so I could go lend some support to the Movement.  Unfortunately, I picked a rainy, miserable day, so the Movement was a sodden mess.  Even so, the protesters were out and their spirits would not be dampened.

I don't know where you stand on the issue, but I can tell you that what is being reported by Fox News and the like is mostly lies.  The park is not "smelly" or "dirty."  There was no "mob" scene there.  And the people are not littering all over or belligerent in any way.  In fact, the Occupy Wall Street "Good Neighbor Policy" is posted all over the park, as a constant reminder to protestors to clean up after themselves and treat everyone with respect.

This country was built for the people, by the people.  Yet, the few "haves" have consistently continued to amass and multiply their fortunes off the skin of the "have-nots'" backs.  Enough.  This is our generation's Civil Rights Movement.  Power to the people!

No comments: