Sunday, November 23, 2008

Transparency



I created this blog for two reasons: (1) as someone who loves to write, I knew that committing to posting two or more times a week on the blog would help me to hone my craft; and (2) I wanted more transparency in my life.

Those who know me know that I am a stoic. I keep everything close to the vest. Whether I am ecstatic or miserable, I maintain pretty much the same demeanor. As such, I am difficult to read. In deciding to write about my life, I have opened a door that remained closed to most people I know.

Before writing, I spoke with my oldest sister -- my sage, whom I often consult with -- and her advice was to be true to myself. She said "no one ever accomplished anything great by playing it safe." Wiser words have never been spoken.

I realize that some may not like what I have to say, the conclusions I reach, or the memories I recall. The disclaimer is that I write my truth. Although those close to me may be reflected in the mirror of my writing, I seek to reveal me, no one else.

ruMIRNAtions is not meant to be confessional, but it will be personal, and always transparent.

No comments: